Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Maybe It's Time for G8RMNI to Get a Tan

Something else I've been wanting to add to G8RMNI are tinted windows. I had tinted windows in my last car and I think they really make a car stand out in a subtle way. (oxymoron?)

I learned some things about what windows to not get tinted on a car when I took my '94 Honda Accord in for tinting back in my college days at UF. A word to the wise: don't get the back windscreen tinted.

Since there are window defroster wires on the rear windscreen, the tinting folks recommend you not use the rear defroster; ever.

If that wasn't enough to annoy me as I drove in a blizzard during the middle of January when I moved back up to Virginia, the rear windscreen gets so dark at night, that it is hard to tell what is going on behind your car in the rearview mirror.

So, I guess I'll be getting just the back side windows tinted. I want something fairly dark that enhances the appearance of the car.

I Googled window tint shops near my office and it looks like there is a reputable one about a mile away from my cubicle. Hopefully they'll be able to take care of G8RMNI tomorrow or Thursday before I head out of town for the Fourth of July weekend.

No comments: