Monday, July 17, 2006

Water Spots on my Zaino Job!

Yesterday, I ran out of gas on the way back from soccer practice. I called the MINI roadside assistance, and two hours and 20 minutes later, a guy showed up on the 14th Street bridge to fill my car up with a few gallons of gas.

Some gas ran down the side of G8RMNI, so I made sure to wash off the rear quarter panel when I got home ... this is how the water spots formed:

Apprently, since my hose had been sitting in the 90 degree heat all week, it developed some sort of calcium problem -- which found it's way to my car. Basically, I thought I was just hosing off the gas ... in actuallity, I was adding water spots all over the car as the water droplets dried in the sun.

As a result, I had to wash my car today with the Zaino car wash soap. It took about 20 minutes to give the car a good scrubbing.

Next time I decide to hose down G8RMNI I will have to remember to let the water run for at least two minutes before spraying the finish.

No comments: