Friday, August 18, 2006

Chrome Bits Installation

I received several chrome pieces last week to install on the MINI.

It took me 40 minutes to install the OEM chrome grill since I was worried about cracking the chrome surround on the existing trim. After deciding to use a little force, I finally got the three slat grill on there. The fourth slat is still in it's original packaging as I decided to wait until I received the M7 Ulitmate lower grill before installing it. Both pieces require that I remove the bumper, so i decided to wait until I had the M7 part in hand before performing minor surgery.

The chrome toggle switch ring covers went on in about two minutes. They are just peel 'n stick pieces of plastic.

The chrome boot handle trim piece went on fairly easy as well. I made sure to wash the car before I installed this peel 'n stick piece.

I'll have pictures of everything in an upcoming post.

No comments: