Friday, February 17, 2006

Sneek Peek

Chances are, if you are reading this blog, you're a car guy. You read Road & Track in the check out aisle at your local grocery store. You look for the spy photos of future vehicles being run through their paces at test facilities in a remote location. You can name the model and make of every car sitting in traffic with you based on their front profile alone.

That said, you'll appreciate this sneek photo of my new car.



Apparently, my car was delivered earlier today. Just by chance, I was able to get out of work a little early today, so I thought I'd swing by the dealership since it is on my way home.

I drove around the lot and ended up in the back of the dealership. Before my eyes I was suprised to see 20 brand spankin' new MINIs lined up. I was so happy to see this!

Shortly after I made my earlier blog entry today, I checked the MINI site, only to discover that my estimated delivery date was pushed back until the 19th. My stomach sank and I was bummed.

So, you can imagine my suprise to see so many MINIs glistening in the sun this afternoon.

I parked my car and started checking out all of the parked Coopers and Cooper S'. I was really hopfeful I would see mine...

And then, there he was. Space Blue body color? Check. 17" web spokes? Check. Piano Black interior? Check. I thought to myself, "This has GOT to be MINE!" Just to be sure, I looked for the center armrest. Yep, it was there too.

I grabbed my Treo 700w and took the picture above. Right afterwards, I stepped inside the dealership and talked to one of my favorite MAs, Fred Sweet. He said that it was unlikey my car would be ready tomorrow since Saturdays are usually crazy days timewise for the sales guys. Most of the time they don't have enough time to do the one-hour delivery procedure for us soon-to-be motorers. He said he would check just for the heck of it to see if he could get the car delivered to me late Saturday, so I wouldn't have to wait until Monday.

No comments: